Wednesday, 4 January 2012

For Auld Lang Syne, My Dears

...So, Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year...Or...Happy Holidays and what have you. It has been a very interesting year (shut up, I know I'm late on this!). In 2011 I:

-Started writing a new story (not much of an accomplishment)
-Got some various accents down
-Started to learn how to read, write, and speak Japanese
-Went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (I almost cried)
-Saw the final Harry Potter movie
-Watched the following animes:
           -Spirited Away
           -Kuroshitsuji
           -5 Centimetres Per Second
           -Ponyo
           -Bleach
           -Naruto
           -Fullmetal Alchemist (again)
           -Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
-Played Fallout: New Vegas and decided that no matter what, Boone should be my follower (I don't give a damn if I'm playing Skyrim...Boone should be there!)
-Played Skyrim
-Played the Endless Setlist on Rock Band Two on the guitar (84 songs)
-Started watching the Walking Dead
-Wondered about the weather
-Had a green and slightly warm Christmas
-And realized that I'm starting to get older.

Among other things...

Do you know how you realize that you're not as young as you used to be? The answer is that you are more than happy to recieve socks and underwear for Christmas.

I think I was happier about that than I was about the iPod. (I've been waiting for one for...four years? Maybe?) Waiting pays off. There was a Turkish proverb that said..."Patience is bitter, but it bears sweet fruit"...I think that is the quote...

In any case I hope this year will be awesome.

Blessed be,
Miss Mary Hiashi

1 comment:

  1. *hugs Mary* YAY MARY! Lovely to read something from you again. For quite awhile I had so much trouble with with my computer. It was to old and then got infected by viruses. It took a while to get the help we needed to fix it. I ended up having to wait a while to get a new computer. (it's a used comp but so much nicer)
    Anyhow, I lost my stories I had been writing. I am starting to rewrite some of them but it will be a long process.
    Speaking of stories, are you still writing the story? I hope so. You have so much talent! :D
    I love that proverb! I will have to remember that one!
    :D
    HAPPY NEW YEAR MARY *hugs*

    ReplyDelete