Sunday, 24 April 2011

Elizabeth Sladen

On the 19th April 2011 Elizabeth Sladen passed away from cancer aged 63. Best known for portraying Sarah Jane Smith in Doctor Who and the Sarah Jane Adventures she will be missed by many people all over the world. I was devastated when I heard the news and have only recently started to come to terms with the loss. So here is my tribute to Sarah Jane.



Elizabeth Sladen A.K.A Sarah Jane Smith

Elizabeth first played Sarah Jane in 1973 as companion to the Third Doctor. She remained companion to the Fourth Doctor until 1976 and returned for the 20th anniversary episode 'The Five Doctors' .
A favourite companion of many she returned to the new series alongside Tenth Doctor David Tennant in the episode School Reunion (2006) and was a main part of the end of Series 4 finale 'The Stolen Earth/Journey's End. She also featured in David Tenant's last episode 'The End of Time'.

Liz was so successful and memorable that she was given her own spin off series 'The Sarah Jane Adventures' which ran for four series until her death part way through the filming of a fifth series. Both the 10th and 11th Doctor's had an episode in this programme.



Sarah Jane in the Episode Planet of Evil 1975


Sarah Jane and K9


Sarah Jane and the Tenth Doctor

Sarah Jane, Eleventh Doctor and Jo Grant

Cast of Sarah Jane Adventures

Almost phophetically the last episode Elizabeth Sladen acted in was called 'Goodbye Sarah Jane Smith'.
So I want us all to remember the memorable person that was Elizabeth Sladen.

R.I.P

10 comments:

  1. Aww! I heard about it recently aswell and I was sad and everything but I think your right Octa. The loss is really terrible.

    I liked the Sarah Jane Adventures and she was a great actress. RIP Elizabeth Sladen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about this on the Radio. It wasn't the most pleasant thing to wake up to but...

    RIP Elizabeth Sladen.

    Btw, I think K9 is awesome ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww That's really sad. I hope she does Rest in Peace. :'[

    ReplyDelete
  4. R.I.P Elizabeth sladen she will never be forgotten

    ReplyDelete
  5. RIP Elizabeth. You'll always be remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *hugs Octa*
    It's horrible to read that yet another brilliant person has been taken from this life due to cancer.
    I hope she will rest in peace.
    Farewell, Elizabeth!
    *salutes*

    ReplyDelete
  7. RIP Elizabeth! You shall be remembered!

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. R.I.P

    Something weird happened to me the other day. I was watching The Graham Norton Show (anyone else know what that is?) and one of it's guests was David Tennant. And sitting next to someone was a woman who looked exactly the same as Elizabeth. I even went here to double check, and the picture matched with her face O_O but it was a recent episode of The Graham Norton show, I reckon...

    ReplyDelete